The internet is a crowded space, and your worst fear is to publish content you believe in only to have no one show up.
Anyone can start a blog. It’s common advice to pick a topic in a profitable niche, pick a theme on WordPress and begin publishing.
While this strategy is admirable, these basic actions are not going to cut it in 2020 and beyond.
People’s attention is flakier than ever. You need to be able to answer the question, “who are you, and why should I care about what you have to say?”
These days it’s risky to “jump in”. I’m not advocating that you procrastinate. No, you need a plan.
A great plan will give you confidence and the motivation to create your dream blog. Even in your lunch breaks at work. Even early in the morning before your family wakes up. Even when you have the option to watch Netflix after a long day.
By the way, I’m Michael. And I’m that person described above.
I live and breathe blogging and consider it an art form. I love the feeling of thinking up new ideas to share with my audience. I love the sense of community and relationships I’ve built over the years. And I love how I continue to get back what I put into blogging.
I’ve been blogging since 2013 with varying degrees of success. Sometimes it was the wrong topic. Sometimes it was the wrong business model. But I continued to persevere. Until eventually, I landed on a winner.
In 2015 my wife and I started The Minimalist Vegan, a blog that has attracted over 2 million visitors and supports us both full-time.
And even though I’ve been blogging for years, I’m blogging now more enthusiastically than ever. The point is, blogging is not some past time for me. Blogging is very much something I do to this day, and I still love it!
It’s this love for my topic and the people I serve that has driven me to publish over 300 pieces of content on our blog.
And it’s the consistency that separates the amateur bloggers from the pro bloggers. That’s what my coaching will help you discover. Do you have what it takes?
In my coaching sessions, there are nine foundational areas I like to focus on to get you the best results as a blogger:
- Choosing a blog topic and business model that intersects with your interests, skills and market opportunity.
- Planning a blog launch (or re-launch) campaign to build an engaged audience right out of the gates.
- Developing a unique selling proposition for your blog and stand out from your competition.
- Mastering the principles of effective blog design that converts new visitors into loyal subscribers and customers.
- Embracing the mindset and habits of a professional blogger in the modern age of the internet.
- Creating binge-worthy blog posts that encourage your readers to come back for more.
- Finding opportunities to create demand-driven content and organic traffic through Search Engine Optimisation.
- Growing your organic traffic through a well-thought-out Pinterest marketing strategy, with a focus on fresh pins.
- Monetising your blog through book publishing, advertising, affiliate commissions, and offering online services.
If you’re interested in working together on your blogging goals, email me at email@example.com to discuss how I can help you.
“I’ve spent countless hours learning the how-to’s of blogging online, but I never really had the confidence to jump in and start. But after getting on a call with Michael, I now see how I can practically go about growing an audience from the beginning.
I’d highly recommend Michael to anyone who’s feeling stuck in their progress and are wondering what the next best step is towards creating a successful blog.”
– Christina Böhm, Zero Waste Namibia